The finish is an important consideration when it comes to painting any room as each of the paint finishes has different properties.
- Matte Paint: The first thing to know about a matte paint is that it is not a good reflector of light. Though they are generally preferred as they are comfortable and warm to the occupants of the room. The only problem is that they are not washable as they are not slippery in nature. The rooms that are frequently visited by the people are not advisable to be painted with a matte finish as any stain cannot be washed off.
- Eggshell-finish Paint: The best idea about the eggshell variant can be had by looking at an eggshell under the light. This is the same kind of sheen that will come out of the eggshell-finish kind of paint. This kind of paint is easier to wash because it is slightly glossy.
- Satin Paint: Satin finish is very glossy in nature, and it is slippery, so it can be cleaned very easily. They also come with dirt resistant properties. The problem with this kind of paints is that they are not the best choice if someone wants to hide the imperfections of a room. They are the top choice for the stairways and the halls.
The painting job in a house or a room requires the knowledge of all the different kinds of paint finishes. Each of the paint finishes is best suited for certain kinds of rooms in the house.
7B The Important Tips To Know About Painting Of The House
- One must always apply more than one coat of the paint to get the full burst of the color. The first coat just gives a glimpse of the color, and at least two coats make the color more long-lasting. The mistakes made in the first coat can be covered up when one applies the second coat of paint.
- Painting depends heavily on the surface that is being painted upon. There are some surfaces that are well suited to take on the paint while there is some other that make it difficult. Drywall surfaces consist of gypsum surrounded by paper. They are the easiest to paint as they take the water-based paints well.
- The most difficult surfaces to paint are the stones as the surface is uneven. Several pores are present in the surfaces that are hard to cover up even after the application of primers before painting. Direct painting on all those surfaces is a strict no-no, and the substance called block fillers must be put in before.
- Start curing the paint after the application if it is oil based paint. This is because the curing of the oil paints more time than water paints. For the oil-based paints, it is necessary to wait for the first coat to dry out and then the second coat is applied.
The painting is the one thing that can completely transform the look of any room. It is also not a difficult job to do if the following tips are at your hand.